Full Time, 1.0 FTE
Starting September 1, 2018
York House School, located in the heart of Vancouver, is one of Canada’s leading independent schools for girls. Founded in 1932 by seven progressive and insightful women, York House provides an outstanding education for approximately 650 girls from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12.
Reporting to the Technology Integration and Operations Manager, the Educational Technology Coordinator takes a leadership role in developing and implementing the school plan for instructional use of technology including evaluation and periodic updating. This role will work with the Director of Junior School, the technology department members, teachers and others who will help implement the York House technology plan, and is focused on the Junior (grades 1-7) and Little (KG) Schools.
Teaching and Learning
- Actively meet, plan, and co-teach with classroom teachers using a variety of educational technology tools
Develop, implement and periodically evaluate a technology oriented professional development plan
- Participate in the design, coordination and delivery of instructional technology workshops, and research and/or provide individual training opportunities for teachers to ensure the best use of technology
- Identify and/or help develop resource people in each discipline who can provide leadership to their groups to accomplish the school technology plan
Provide on-going in-service to train specific groups of teachers (department, grade level, teacher skill level etc.) in the use of course/curriculum specific software and technology that may enhance their lessons and units
- Ensure that users support and are following the school responsible use policy
- Develop and deliver instruction around digital citizenship, coding, digital media, and the responsible use of technology
Manage technology related resources and emerging technologies, software and hardware solutions
- Confer with the Director of Technology and Innovation and technology support team to determine the need for new technology resources
- Collaborate on budgets for academic and administrative software, hardware, and services.
- Develop and implement a procedure for the evaluation of software, hardware, and courseware, and for the sharing of results of such evaluation
Communications / Website
- The Education Technology Coordinator will work with the Website and Communications Manager and the Director of Technology and Innovation on the reorganization of the internal website and assist teachers to transition to a new shared learning management and student information system
- Address questions from the parent/student community that may arise by creating information pages (FAQ’s, fact sheets etc.) on the external website
- Participate in extra-curricular activities
Working with staff and students to troubleshoot technology problems, within guidelines
- Other duties as assigned and related
- Technical knowledge in the fields of computer science, computer education, and the broad range of technologies used in multimedia environments.
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of instructional technology.
- Substantial experience in working with students and educators in the instructional technology field, particularly at the junior school level.
- Knowledge of teaching and learning theory as they relate to the roles of technology in content and pedagogy.
- Bachelor’s degree and teaching certificate required; an advanced Education Technology degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in working with teachers to integrate technology in the classroom across the full range of academic disciplines and key stages.
- Demonstrated knowledge in IT functions, processes and capabilities (e.g. networking, security, infrastructure, information management, cloud technologies, etc.)
- Experience in project managing large scale technology roll-outs in corporate and /or educational environment
- Knowledge of BC curriculum, curriculum development, and school reform
- Familiarity with the Blackbaud product suite, Google Apps for Education, and Apple hardware
- Some understanding of coding and computer programming fundamentals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Must be results-driven with the ability to set and meet ambitious targets
A broad general education and dedication to lifelong learning
- A strong work ethic, high ethical standards, self confidence, and good time-management skills
- To be a compassionate agent for change with skills in active listening and written and oral communications
To learn more about this exceptional community please visit us at www.yorkhouse.ca
A criminal record and vulnerable sector check is a requirement.
Closing Date: May 21, 2018